Ladies, if you’ve entered the adult stage of life you’ve probably come to realize every female is on a never-ending roller coaster of change. We leave home, maybe go to college or get a job, quit a job, have relationships, leave relationships, get married, sometimes there’s divorce, have children, raise children then life fast forwards to the day those kids leave home. We become educated, employee, girlfriend, wife, mother and are expected to understand how to conquer each new frontier without taking a breath. I contend for a span of about 25 years we live in the constant state of highs that can descend quickly into a stomach lurching low point.
It’s in those life change moments that we should jerk this crazy ride to a stop then hit reset. Review once again the standard of who you want to be and how you want to live. I contend just letting life move forward without breathing and looking around makes the next drop a whole lot more frightening.
If you are anything like me before you entered this rollercoaster of life you probably had some idea of what you expected and who you intended to be. After a few curves on this crazy track you have trouble remembering what exactly that was.
So let me give you permission to just get off for a few minutes then take a quick relook at your life before you get back on for the next upside down flip.
- Do you remember who you wanted to be and are you anywhere in that hemisphere or have you discovered something different maybe even better?
- Have you come to understand your value, the unique place if life you are meant to fulfill?
- Have you found your purpose even as it changes with every new life season?
- Are you taking the time to nurture the relationships that are vital to life success?
- Have you put aside your fears to conquer the challenges each of us face?
- Are you carving out moments to meditate on the wonderful things God has placed in your life giving you the strength to face the difficult ones?
- Finally are you clinging to two of our most important characteristics? The grit we naturally possess and absolutely need while embracing unlimited grace for ourselves as well the ones we love?
So ladies, take a little time off this rollercoaster and make your own assessment, not scientific just personal. In fact if you can go retreat where no one can ask you to do anything for anyone for a least a day. Take these questions and then add some of your own. End that pondering by resetting once again with a renewed vision of who you want to be and how you want to live. If you do you’ll find that purpose, focus along with the ability to ride this next curve, crank to the pinnacle of the ride and drop the next heart stopping track without fear but laughing along the way.